IOWA CITY, Iowa — Welcome to Carver-Hawkeye Area. It is an enormous Huge Ten showdown tonight between No. 6 Purdue and the Iowa Hawkeyes, with each workforce determined for a convention win.
Welcome to our dwell weblog, the place we’ll maintain you up to date with all of the information and views from the sport in actual time. It is a huge sport for each groups, who’re making an attempt to remain near the leaders within the Huge Ten race. Purdue is 16-3 general, and 5-3 within the league. Iowa is 14-5, and 4-4.
The sport is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. ET on FOX Sports activities 1. This is the best way to watch, with all of your pregame nuggets as effectively. CLICK HERE
Right here we go. The latest gadgets are on the prime.
FINAL: It is throughout, and Purdue has picked up one other huge highway win. The Boilermakers win 83-73. The sixth-ranked Boilers at the moment are 17-3 general and 6-3 within the Huge Ten, only a sport behind Wisconsin and Michigan State. 4 Boilermakers rating in double figures, with Isaiah Thompson main the best way with 18 factors. Jaden Ivey had 15, Sasha Stefanovic had 14 and Trevion Williams had 12.
11:01 — Right down to 1:24 to go and Purdue nonetheless leads 81-68. Iowa wasn’t excellent offensively after getting it to 4 factors.
A Huge Ten oddity tonight: Seems just like the ROAD TEAMS are going to go 3-0. Wisconsin, Ohio State and Purdue holding the strain on the leaders.
10:49 — There’s simply 3:31 to go and the ultimate media timeout is right here. Purdue leads 79-66 after one other Isaiah Thompson basket. He is obtained 18 factors now, tops on the Boilers.
10:47 — Isaiah Thompson is arising huge down the stretch for Purdue. He obtained caught within the lane with the shot clock working down however made slightly jumper, after which hit a 3 on the subsequent possession to push the lead again as much as 13 factors at 77-64.
10:42 p.m. — We have reached the under-8 timeout and Purdue leads 70-62. Out of the TO, Trevion Williams misses each free throws for the Boilers. Kris Murray makes two on the opposite finish. Purdue is simply 6-for-16 from the free throw line.
10:25 p.m. — And now the lead is simply 4 and Iowa’s Kris Murray hits a 3 to make it 57-53. Jaden Ivey solutions with a 3 of his personal on the different finish, although. We have hit the second media timeout and it is 60-53 Purdue.
10:20 p.m. — And now the lead is simply seven.
10:14 p.m. — Iowa’s strain is beginning the get to the Boilermakers, and all of a sudden it is only a 10-point sport. We’re on the first media timeout and Purdue leads 53-43 with 15:54 to go.
STATS: About the one actual gripe for Purdue at halftime is free throw taking pictures. Mason Gillis, who got here into the sport having made 20-of-21 freebies, missed each makes an attempt. Jaden Ivey was simply 1-for-5, which was sudden as a result of he is a 74.7 p.c shooter this season.
HALFTIME: We have reached the flip, and Purdue leads 48-33. Strong defensive efficiency for certain, and the Purdue offense was very environment friendly, taking pictures 64.3 from the ground and committing solely 5 turnovers, which is excellent in opposition to that Iowa strain.
9:35 p.m. — We’re on the under-4 media timeout and Purdue leads 36-24. Boilers are taking pictures 13-for-21 from the sector, good for 59.1 p.c. Iowa taking pictures simply 32 p.c, and simply 2-for-12 from three, 16.7 p.c.
9:24 p.m. — Jaden Ivey hits a step-back three and all of a sudden Purdue is up 30-15. The Boilermakers are 6-for-10 from three-point vary already. He slips on his subsequent drive to the basket although, and lands exhausting on his hip. Be fascinating to see how me performs by means of this. He missed Sunday’s sport with a hip flexor damage.
9:22 p.m. — Jaden Ivey will get on the board for the Boilers, scoring off a pleasant dish from Trevion Williams. Hockey help to Sasha Stefanovic. Isaiah Thompson follows with a 3, and it is 24-11 Purdue.
9:15 p.m . — Purdue is doing a pleasant job of breaking Iowa’s strain after which discovering open shooters. Sasha Stefanovic knocks down two extra three-pointers and Purdue leads 19-9. Protection has been excellent to date too for the Boilers.
9:10 p.m. — We’re on the first media timeout and Purdue leads 9-7. Trevion Williams subbed for Zach Edey simply earlier than the break, and scored on a child hook within the lane. Purdue’s Jaden Ivey enters the sport after the timeout, changing Isaiah Thompson.
9:05 p.m. — Two early baskets from Zach Edey and a three-pointer from Sasha Stefanovic has Purdue off to a fast 7-3 lead. A foul sequence on the opposite finish for Mason Gillis, although. He throws a foul move within the backcourt, after which picks up his second foul and has to go to the bench. Caleb Furst is available in.
8:50 p.m. — The beginning lineups have simply been launched and Purdue’s Jaden Ivey is NOT within the beginning lineup. It is Mason Gillis and Zach Edey up entrance, with Isaiah Thompson, Sasha Stefanovic and Eric Hunter Jr. on the guard spots.
8:30 p.m. — Purdue is in search of sweep within the season sequence. The Boilers gained 77-70 again in December, however Iowa star Keegan Murray did not play in that sport. He was out with an ankle damage.
8:20 p.m. — Purdue star Jaden Ivey was full go in warmups right here at Carver-Hawkeye. I posted a narrative about it earlier. Right here it’s, with photos. CLICK HERE
Associated tales on Purdue basketball
- MEN OF MACKEY ACCEPTED TO TBT 2022: The Purdue alumni workforce, Males of Mackey, accepted an computerized bid to the 2022 area of The Basketball Match. The 64-team summer season occasion is a winner-take-all, $1 million event broadcast dwell on ESPN. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE RANKED NUMBER 6: Purdue basketball picked up a win over a ranked Illinois workforce on the highway and cruised in opposition to Northwestern at house, however the workforce’s first loss in opposition to Indiana in six years was trigger for a slight dip within the newest rankings. The Boilermakers at the moment are the No. 6-ranked workforce within the nation. CLICK HERE
- BOILERS TOP NORTHWESTERN: Senior guard Sasha Stefanovic was 6-10 from the 3-point line and added 4 free throws to guide Purdue to a 20-point victory over Northwestern on Sunday at Mackey Area. He was one in every of 4 Boilermakers to finish the sport in double figures. CLICK HERE
- HOW PURDUE FAILED TO CLOSE OUT AGAINST INDIANA: No. 4 Purdue led Indiana by two factors with a minute left to play Thursday night time at Simon Skjodt Meeting Corridor. The Boilermakers had alternatives to shut out the Hoosiers, however the workforce was unable to place the sport away within the waning seconds. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE DROPS ROAD MATCHUP AGAINST INDIANA: Purdue basketball was unable to place away Indiana on the highway Thursday night time at Simon Skjodt Meeting Corridor. Sophomore guard Jaden Ivey scored a team-high 21 factors within the loss, however 20 factors from Rob Phinisee propelled the Hoosiers to victory. CLICK HERE